Foosball Figure Competition
Jumpers for Goalposts is a celebration of football, a showcase running in conjunction with the FIFA World Cup. The exhibition brings together Loughborough University’s artists, sports scientists, designers and footballers showcasing how they respond to, develop and play football through artworks, memorabilia, research objects and events.
As part of the Jumpers for Goalposts showcase, the DfAM Network are supporting Loughborough University’s School of Design & Creative Arts with the launch of their exciting competition to design new foosball figures, in collaboration with the British Foosball Association.
Rather than generic figures as players, we want to celebrate unique characters, individual style and showcase that everyone can be part of the beautiful game. The foosball figure design competition is an opportunity to be creative and add some colour, flair and individuality to each of the 22 players on the table.
The winning 22 designs will each be 3D printed and added to the table at the exhibition, (plus a duplicate printed figure for each winner). The table will be used during the exhibition as the tournament table!
How to enter
- Deadline 16th October 2022 (midnight)
- Up to 2 designs per person
- Submissions in a zipped STL format (max 100mb)
- You must follow these Design Parameters to permit actual play
- (Any problems with submitting your design email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- There will be 22 winning designs
- Each winning design will be 3D printed and added to the foosball table at the exhibition
- Each winning designer will also receive their design as a 3D printed figure
The ownership of each design will remain with the designer, and by entering the competition you are agreeing to have your design produced as a 3D model, used on the Jumpers for Goalposts exhibition foosball table, and used in promotional publicity (including social media and website)