Design for AM – A Focus on Polymers
Key Research Theme Leader
Candice Majewski – University of Sheffield
The event provided an insight into the opportunities presented by polymer AM, how to get the best out of polymer AM processes, and where we might be heading in the future.
Candice has been involved in the area of Additive Manufacturing since 2000. Her main research focus is on polymer-based processes (in particular polymer sintering technologies), although her teaching and Outreach activities span the broader context and applications of Additive Manufacturing.
- Andrew Graves from Stratasys – How the world of Photo-Polymer AM has changed over the years
- Martin Kirk from Laser Lines – Choosing the AM Process for your Application
- Guy Bingham from NTU – The Design Opportunities presented by Polymer AM
- Ipsita Roy from Sheffield University – 3D Printing of Natural and Sustainable Polymers of Bacterial origin and their Biomedical Applications
- Mark Cocking from AMRC – Examples of Polymer AM from Design, through Printing & into Final Use
- Hoda Amel from MTC – Applications for Polymer AM
- Richard Bibb from Loughborough University – Medical Applications of Polymer AM
- Luke Fox from Jaguar Land Rover – Current Limitations of Polymer AM from an Automotive Perspective
Presentations from the event…