DfAM for Education
We are pleased to announce the next event in the EPSRC Design for Additive Manufacturing Network series of workshops, DfAM for Education. In partnership with Dr Eujin Pei and Brunel University London, the event will host speakers covering different aspects of the education spectrum, focusing on the development of DfAM in educational settings from primary through to PhD.
DfAM in education is an important field to explore, and we will hear different perspectives from experts on how DfAM is developing in the area, as well as highlight ideas, challenges and questions on the future of Design for Additive Manufacturing in education.
The event will take place online and will feature speakers and interactive sessions. Please see the draft agenda for the day here:
Draft Agenda Tuesday 13th July 2021 12pm – 4.30pm (BST)
- Welcome from Dr Eujin Pei, Brunel University London
- Keynote speaker – Prof Alain Bernard, Ecole Centrale de Nantes “Key Considerations for AM development and approaches – An Educational Perspective”
- “Starting a multi-departmental DfAM Elective module for engineering students” Dr Connor Myant, Imperial College London
- “The Development of Additive Manufacturing skills in young people” Michael Mead, Create Education
- “Creating a pipeline of AM skilled workforce via apprenticeships” Martin Dury, The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
- Interactive sessions
- “A cohort-based PGR training programme in Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing” Prof Christopher Tuck, University of Nottingham
- “Perspectives on Additive Manufacturing Education Pedagogy” Prof David Rosen, Georgia Institute of Technology
- “Providing context for learning – Positioning design and technology to be a catalyst for change” Tony Ryan, Design & Technology Association.
- Keynote speaker – Adelaide Almeida, European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting “Developing the Additive Manufacturing Workforce Skills of Today and Tomorrow”
- Future DfAM event updates from Jonathan Rowley (Advanced SLS) and Ajit Panesar (Imperial College London)
Please register to attend below.