Designing the Future of Additive Manufactured Electronics
21st and 22nd April 2021 (1pm – 4pm)
About the event:
This is the first in a series of events, which will focus on a Key Research Theme in Designing the Future of Additive Manufactured Electronics, and will focus on the key challenges in adopting additive manufacturing for electronic systems.
Additive manufacturing creates new opportunities for the manufacture of electronics products instead of standard surface mount assembly on printed circuit boards, with potential benefits including miniaturisation and improved performance, but the performance, density and reliability of high-density multilayer boards and advanced packaging techniques are significantly more advanced than current AM technologies.
This event aims to generate a greater understanding, identify drivers and motivation and facilitate multidisciplinary discussions, cross-fertilisation of ideas and drive future innovation in additive manufacturing for electronic systems.
Note: We are working in collaboration with IMAPS (International Microelectronics, Assembly and Packaging Society) to host this event.
The event will host presentations from key specialists in AM for Electronics, as well as interactive workshop sessions:
Wednesday 21st April 1pm-4pm.
- Overview of Additive Manufacturing for Electronic Systems – Dr Robert Kay, University of Leeds
- Latest Advances in Additive Manufacturing for Electronic Systems – Naim Kapadia & Dr Farhan Khan, The Manufacturing Technology Centre.
- Workshop session – What is needed now and into the future?
Thursday 22nd April 1pm-4pm.
- Multi-Function Additive Manufacturing – Prof Eric MacDonald, The University of Texas at El Paso
- Case Study presentations – Vittorio Tornielli & Maarten Van der Vorst, ESA, Stephen Bennington, Q5D Technologies and Jay Chandrappan, CSA Catapult.
- Workshop session – What are the main challenges & what areas need to be addressed through collaboration?
21st & 22nd April 1pm- 4pm
Please register for one or both days
21st to 22nd April 2021Book Online